IV Sedation & Anesthesia
Nervous about your next dental visit? Need major work done? We have great news for you, as your dental treatment can now be completed under the comfort of Sedation & Anesthesia right here at Rivertown Dental Care. By administering a combination of pharmaceuticals orally, you can relax during your dental treatment like never before. For more information about Sedation, please call us at 706-324-6441 to schedule an evaluation and consultation appointment.
Advantages of IV Anesthesia
- Significantly relieve anxiety, often to the point where patients sleep through the procedure
- Provide powerful pain relief
- Eliminate issues with gag reflex
- Result in amnesia, or little or no recollection of the dental procedure
- Lower risk of post-operative discomfort
- Lower risk of post-operative infection
- Lower risk of post-operative swelling and nausea
Determining if you are a candidate for IV Sedation will require an evaluation by one of our doctors. Dr. Miller, Dr. Miller and Dr. O'Neal will review your medical & dental history, examine your dental needs, and prescribe treatment as needed. If you are to receive treatment under IV sedation, it is very important that
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight (8) hours prior to the sedation appointment.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and then drive the patient home after the procedure.
- No smoking for at least 12 hours before the IV Sedation appointment.
- The patient should not drive or operate heavy machinery for 24 hours following the sedation appointment
- The patient should not be left unattended after the IV Sedation procedure. An adult must remain with the patient.
- Please wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothing with sleeves that can be rolled up past the elbow
- Contact lenses, jewelry, make-up, finger nail polish, and dentures must be removed prior to the sedation treatment.
- If you develop any illness prior to the sedation appointment, please call the office.
- If you take any routine medications, please check with one of our doctors at the evaluation appointment for instructions regarding the medications.